eText Classroom Editions
eText Classroom Editions are a digital version of our printed curricula. In an eText Classroom Edition, Choices materials are broken up into files that can be easily posted to a learning management system or course site. Students can complete assignments on their computer and print or email the finished product back to the teacher.
Benefits of eText Classroom Editions
- Create a paperless classroom environment! You can assign readings and assignments online by posting materials to a course website or emailing materials to students.
- Students can complete and save assignments on their computers (in Adobe Acrobat) and print or email the finished product back to you.
- Materials are broken up into smaller files so that you can post only the readings or handouts that you want your students to have.
- With Adobe Acrobat, students can highlight sections of text, take notes in the file, and easily look up words they don’t know. Acrobat also has the capability to read text out loud, which may be helpful for some students.
- Adobe Acrobat can help you scaffold your instruction and provide additional support to your students as they work with the materials. In Acrobat you can attach additional files to the document, allowing you to tailor Choices materials to fit your class needs. In addition, you can record audio files or attach notes to give your students additional instructions.
- eText Classroom Editions also allow teachers to work electronically with students in different locations (as in a virtual high school).
- eText Classroom Editions are less expensive per student than the option to purchase student texts (currently $16.50/copy).
$240/teacher for each title. ($14.40 s&h) eTexts Classroom Editions are licensed for single teacher use.